This is Job Corps.
Make it yours.
Free hands-on career training
Free housing and food
Free tools for success
Why not give it a try?
With over 120 campuses across the United States, Job Corps provides free career training and education. Here, students get the experience they need to begin a career or apprenticeship, or advance to higher education. Some graduates even join the military. The best part? It’s free.
There are a few eligibility requirements to meet before you can start training at Job Corps. For example, you should be a low-income 16–24 year old, and a U.S. citizen (or lawfully admitted permanent resident alien, refugee, asylee, or other immigrant who has been authorized to work in the United States). Connect with an admissions counselor to learn more about income eligibility, but you may qualify if you receive SNAP, TANF, free or reduced school lunch, or if you are homeless or a foster youth. Sound like you? See if you’re eligible at JobCorps.gov/recruiting/student-eligibility-quiz.
No matter what you’re interested in, there’s a career path for you at Job Corps. Here are just some of the training opportunities you can explore at one of our 121 campuses:
- Advanced Manufacturing: Welding, Machining and Manufacturing Technology
- Automotive and Machine Repair: Collision Repair and Refinish, Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic, and Machine Equipment Repair
- Construction: Carpentry, Bricklaying and Electrical
- Finance and Business: Accounting Services, Insurance and Financial Services, and Office Administration
- Health Care: Certified Nurse Assistant, Dental Assistant and Pharmacy Technician
- Homeland Security: Corrections Officer and Security and Protective Services
- Hospitality: Culinary Arts, Hotel and Lodging, and Retail Sales
- Information Technology: Computer Technician, Network Cable Installation and Computer Networking Cisco
- Renewable Resources and Energy: Landscaping, Forestry Conservation and Firefighting, and Water/wastewater Management
- Transportation: Heavy Truck Driving, Seamanship, and Material Handling and Distribution Operations
It is! Job Corps is completely free of cost. All you have to do is show up, work hard, and be ready to succeed.
If you can’t find the answer to any of your other questions here, keep scrolling! If you still have questions when you get to the end of this page, an admissions counselor will be able to help. To learn more and get connected, call 800-733-JOBS (5627).
Tell me more
Get more information on how Job Corps can help you. Sign up for e-mail or texts today.
Job Corps is a U.S. Department of Labor Equal Opportunity Employer Program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.TDD/TTY telephone number is (877) 889-5627